This Hail was humongous!
Below is my group preparing our famous "Hobo" Dinners
How cool is it to go on a camping trip and get class credit? Well, I think it is pretty awesome! I needed more credit hours to graduate this semester, and I am already completed with my major and minor so, I decided to take this class for elective hours. Last semester I went on a backpacking trip to Lake Powell and that was an amazing experience. I had never before done anything like it. The backpacking class was harder than I had expected. I really didn't have any expectations, but we hiked a lot and with those heavy packs on. I really think it made me appreciate the outdoors much more. I had to even dig cat holes to go poop, and purify all my water that I drank. I know the poop thing is gross, but I never had done that before. We even came across a mountain lion and really cool pictographs from the Paleo Indians while we were on our trial. Anyways, so my cool backpacking class that I did last April, made me want to take another camping class. This time I decided to take Cooking and Camping. We went to American Fork Canyon. The weather and the changing scenery is so pretty! I loved every minute even with the rain. We hiked all day Saturday, and I gave a presentation on Black Bears, since we were in "Bear Country". This camping trip, was nice, because I didn't have to dig a hole to poop, we actually camped at a camp ground site, and we did the whole car camping thing. Since, it was a cooking and camping class, we made cool dinners. We had Lasagna, and garlic bread, peach cobbler, stir fry, pancakes, we made ice cream and my group made the famous "hobo" dinners...wow I guess it really was a good idea that we hiked all day Saturday.





1 comment:
You are brave to take a bacpacking class. I'm a super wimp when i comes to hiking. But the end result is worth it i. Congrats on your goof off semester before you graduate!
Post a Comment