Monday, October 6, 2008

Life Happens! October 6, 2008

Lino @ the beach

This is Lino and Grandpa Joe fishing!

Marcelino is getting big! This is him September in New Jersey on vacation


My Family @ our wedding




Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! Life happens and people just seem to get so busy. I was so busy this last couple of months with work, school and being a new wife. Matt and I were just getting settled into our new home, and all the routines were getting worked out between our busy schedules and that is why I haven’t blogged as much as I would like to, but I promise I will start to get better at it.

Home: At home we finally have all our decorations and gifts that we got for our wedding put in place. It is finally nice to not have boxes everywhere, I am sure all you newly married couples now exactly how that goes. Our days seem so busy. We are always doing something, laundry, cooking, lunches, walks-workouts. Matt still plays basketball every Wednesday and Thursday in two men’s leagues so we both are busy those days. Tuesday and Thursday I have aerobics so I don’t usually get home until later. I am happy that life is staring to feel normal again. I love when school starts and all the new shows come back on TV. I have been watching: Grey’s Anatomy, New Christine Old Christine, Two and Half Men, and Criminal Minds. I watch them usually after dinner or while I am doing homework. I read in between commercial breaks. I am learning how to cook. I never really cooked before; anyone who knows me knows that cooking is definitely not my thing. Friday I made chicken and steak stir fry and it was actually delicious. Sunday I made tuna casserole (easiest thing ever). I also baked a yummy cake for Matt, since his birthday is coming up. Matt is turning 27 tomorrow October 7th. We are going to go to dinner with family and his close friends to Iggy’s. We love Iggy’s because we can eat and watch the Jazz game. Matt is having a hard time turning 27. He acts like he is going to be ancient. I told him he is still young, he looks young, he acts young and he has me to keep him youngJ Matt wanted me to buy him Air Jordan’s for his present. Those shoes are way too expensive for anyone to buy. They are 100-130 dollars for a pair of shoes. I could buy like 10 pairs of shoes at payless for that price. Anyways, I broke down and finally bought him a pair. They are nice, and he better take good care of them, were not made of money! Seriously, the economy sucks right now. I hope it gets better. My family has been into town often lately as well. My sister, Travis and Marcelino have been visiting us often. Travis is coming into town tomorrow and is bringing my little nephew. Marcelino is so cute and he is getting so big. He loves sports: especially football. He will watch ESPN news instead of cartoons. It really makes me laugh to see how smart he is. He say’s the funniest things like: “You’re driving me nuts!” and this morning he called me” Auntie pumpkin head” I have no idea where he learns these things but he is so funny. The funniest is when he told Travis and Cristal of how he got in trouble at school. I guess he got in trouble at preschool for wrestling with another little boy. My nephew got moved into the older class with the 3 and 4 yr olds and he is still 2, but will be 3 in February. Anyways, this little boy, Conner, hit Marcelino, so Marcelino hit him back. When Travis was explaining to my sister why Lino had gotten into trouble, Lino corrected my brother-in-law. Travis said, “Lino hit some kid at school” and Lino, said: “uh uh daddy Lino punched Conner, and Conner went down!” It is sad, but seriously funny. He is so cute! I love spending time with him. Matt and Lino are so cute together too. Lino adores him and Matt does as well. Matt and I have been looking at puppies. Matt likes pugs but I think they are ugly. I like Sheltie’s, Lab’s and American Eskimo’s. Matt and I both like puggles. I hope we find one that we like. I will keep you all posted if we decide to buy one, cause we have to get a puppy before we have babies.


Work: At work I got promoted and have been busy with a new position as a Transfer Student Advocate. I spend time at the U of U doing advising but I also go out to the Community colleges and other colleges to do advising for transfer students. So I have been busy with learning the new ropes and rules of my new role. Matt has been busy at work and is considering going to the Community college, once I am done with my degree in December.


School: At school I am not as busy as I have been in previous semesters, but with all the other extra stuff I am doing it keeps me just as busy. I have 16 credit hours this semester, but only two Academic classes. I have an American Racism class and Strengthening Homes and Families. Both are really relevant to my day to day life and activities and love the class work for them. I also am doing an internship for credit with this new position at work for credit, so that keeps me busy, and then I took the cooking and camping class and an aerobic class. So even though, it is not as intensive as usually it still is a lot of work.


2 comments:

Joe and Victoria said...

lino has gotten so big!

Rachel Lovato said...

Sarah! I had no idea that you were blogging! How did you find me! Yeah! Now we can keep in touch! I love reading everyone's blogs!! I have been wondering how you newlyweds were doing! Glad to see all is well! LOVE YOU!