
I started a new job at the University of DeVry on April 13th. That same week on Wednesday April 15th Matt’s dad passed away. I was getting ready for work and Matt’s mom called and said that there was something wrong with dad and hung up the phone. Matt hurried and left the house to go to his mom’s and I went to work, since it was my first week. I later received a call when I got to work from my sister in law, Monica, telling me that Manuel wasn’t breathing and that I needed to come to the hospital. So I left work, and drove straight over there. My father in law passed away from a massive heart attack. It has been extremely hard on Matt. Each day has gotten better, but I could never imagine losing my parents. I just wanted to tell everyone thanks for all your support and kindness during this time. I feel so bad for Mama Pat, Matt’s mom, she and Manuel were attached at the hip. Anyways, if anything Manuel’s death only brought us closer as a family.
Home: Kearns, Utah
Death Date: April 15, 2009
Birthdate: December 16, 1940
Place Of Birth: Center, Colorado
Service Information: Monday, April 20, 2009 1:30 PM
Service Location: St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church
Manuel P. Vigil
12/16/40 – 4/15/09
Kearns – Manuel P. Vigil passed away suddenly on April 15th, 2009. He was born on December 16th, 1940 in Center, CO to Sam and Annie Vigil. He married Patricia Zavala on June 12th, 1965.
He served in the Air Force and retired from Tooele Army Depot. Manuel coached baseball, basketball and football for many years.
He loved the Indianapolis Colts and Elvis.
Manuel is survived by his wife, Patricia; children Ana (Baron) Knighton, Monica (Donny) Biorge, Angie (Jon) Zavala-Blumhagen, JR (Geri) Vigil, Matt (Sarah) Vigil; 10 grandchildren; sister Mary Jo Flores; brother William Vigil; and many nieces, nephews, cousins, aunts and uncles.
Preceded in death by his parents and 2 sisters.
A vigil will be held on Sunday, April 19th from 6 to 8 PM at St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church, 4501 West 5215 South, Kearns.
A Funeral Mass will be celebrated on Monday, April 20th at 1:30 PM also at the church. Interment to follow at Redwood Memorial Estates, 6500 South Redwood Rd, West Jordan.
“Ladies and Gentlemen, Elvis, has left the building.”

6 comments:
I'm so sorry Matt and Sarah. We wish you the best.
Thanks Jess!
Matt and Sarah,
Losing a parent is incredibly difficult. I wish you two the best as you go through this difficult time. Know that I am always here for you
Thanks Leslie,
It has been really hard on Matt. It's getting better. How was Daniel's baptisim?
So sorry to hear that. it is always hard when someone close passes. keep positive though. love ya
Matt and Sarah. So sorry for your loss, I know how hard it can be..and our hearts go out to you! LOVE YOU GUYS!
Post a Comment